Sunday, July 29, 2012

Easy and Delicious Meatball Subs

I had my first meatball sub at a little pizza place in Athens, GA. It was so delicious I wanted to make some for my family. But I didn't want to spend all day in the kitchen making marinara sauce and meatballs. So I took the short-cut and bought all of my ingredients already made. This is an excellent idea for a quick meal on a weekday after work.

1 package of sub or hoagie rolls
1 package of mozzarella cheese (shredded or sliced)
1 jar of pasta sauce (whatever brand and flavor you like)
1 bag Italian style frozen meatballs

Place the meatballs in a pot. It depends on how many people who are feeding as to how many meatballs you need.


Pour the pasta sauce over the meatballs. Cover and simmer on medium-low heat for at least 30 minutes. But you can let these meatballs simmer covered on low as long as you want.

Open the sub rolls and place them on a large cookie sheet.

 Put the sub rolls in the oven on 350 for a few minutes to toast. Remove from oven and spoon the meatball mixture onto each sub roll. Cover in cheese. Put back in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted.

You can top with Parmesan cheese if you like. You can round the meal out with a salad and some french fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment