Saturday, August 18, 2012

Homemade Jewelry Cleaner



I ran out of jewelry cleaner a while back and I kept forgetting to buy more. So when I saw the recipe for homemade jewelry cleaner, I thought I would try it out. This is the recipe and I found it at: http://www.food.com/recipe/jewelry-cleaner-180133


Ingredients:
1 tablespoon salt 
1 tablespoon baking soda 
1 tablespoon dish detergent 
1 cup water 
1 piece aluminum foil 
Directions:  Heat water in the microwave for 1 or 2 minutes.  Cut a piece of aluminum foil that roughly covers the bottom of a small bowl (like a cereal bowl).  Mix hot water with salt, soda, and dish washing liquid and pour into bowl. 
 Jewelry before:
Place jewelry on top of foil and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse jewelry in cool water and dry jewelry completely with soft cloth. Discard solution after use and make a new batch next time.
Jewelry after:
I don't know if you can tell a difference from the photos before and after I cleaned my jewelry. But there was a definite sparkle and shine after I cleaned them. This was very easy and I had all the ingredients on hand. I will definitely do this again to clean my jewelry.


No comments:

Post a Comment