Friday, September 7, 2012

easy napkin folding tip


My daughter is turning 18 next week. We are having a party this weekend and I wanted to do something a little different with the napkins because I had 2 different size and different print napkins. So I googled how to fold a napkin. I found this wonderful website that has a lot of different ways to fold napkins. http://www.napkinfoldingguide.com/ 

The website has step by step instructions and photos. I picked one that looked easy.These are the 2 napkins that I had.

 First, I unfolded the smallest size napkin and laid it out flat on the table, pattern side down. Then I unfolded the larger napkin half way and laid it in the center of the fold mark in the middle of the small napkin. If you line up the fold marks on the napkins it makes it much easier to get the napkins to lay flat.
Next, I folded both the napkins back up following the original fold lines, so that it looked like this.
Then turn the open side of one corner back and fold it part way down so that you can see a border of the smaller napkin at the bottom. 
Turn the napkins over and fold both sides back about 1/3 of the way.

Turn napkin back over and it should look something like this.
Add the utensils in the pocket and you have a fancy little folded napkin pocket for the party.
This is something easy and fun to do to add a little special touch to the napkins and utensils.


No comments:

Post a Comment