Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pumpkin pie


Nothing smells better to me than a pumpkin pie baking in the oven. My all time favorite smell of fall. But even more than the smell of pumpkin pie, I love the taste of pumpkin pie. But I had never tried to make my own pumpkin pie. I always felt I could never make pumpkin pie as good as Granny or Mama. But today I really wanted a pumpkin pie, so I decided to give it a try.

I found this super easy recipe on the internet at: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/perfect-pumpkin-pie/

Ingredients:

1 15 oz can pumpkin
1 14 oz can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
2 large eggs
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 9 in unbaked pie crust

Directions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 15 minutes. (After 15 minutes, I put tin foil around the edges of the pie crust to keep it from burning.)
Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean. Cool. Garnish as desired. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator. 

This pie is so good! My whole family loved it. And now that I know how easy it is to make pumpkin pie, I will be having it all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment