Friday, December 7, 2012

Apple pie



Warm apple pie and vanilla ice cream! YUM! I love the smell of apple pie baking in the oven. And the ooey gooey goodness of the apple pie mixing with the vanilla ice cream is a delicious delight.

The other day my daughter said she wanted an apple pie. So I found a recipe and decided to give it a try. This is the recipe I used:  http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/perfect-apple-pie/1fc2b60f-0a4f-441e-ad93-8bbd00fe5334#?st=6&term=perfect%20apple%20pie&ps=9&pi=9

Making an apple pie is not hard. Matter of fact, it's pretty easy. I have found that many things that I assumed were hard have in fact turned out to be easy. So all this time I have been missing out on things just because I thought they were hard. So now I am trying to not assume things and just go ahead and give them a try.

My daughter says this is her favorite pie.


Ingredients:
Crust
1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
Filling
6 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples (6 medium)
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 Heat oven to 425°F. Place 1 pie crust in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Press firmly against side and bottom.
  • 2 In large bowl, gently mix filling ingredients; spoon into crust-lined pie plate. Top with second crust. Wrap excess top crust under bottom crust edge, pressing edges together to seal; flute. Cut slits or shapes in several places in top crust.
  • 3 Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cover edge of crust with 2- to 3-inch wide strips of foil after first 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. Cool on cooling rack at least 2 hours before serving.

1 comment:

  1. Dee I've been looking for a recipe for apple pie this is just perfect. Have you tried to make your own crust. I really want to learn how. But I will try the apple part of this recipe for sure. Thanks for posting
    Hope

    ReplyDelete