Sunday, August 12, 2012

Fiesta Skillet



I found a version of this recipe in a magazine. I have made it several times and each time I have added to it, taken away from it, and changed some of the ingredients until I settled on my favorite version. My family always love when I say "it's fiesta skillet night!" I hope you enjoy it too.

P.S. I use the original Ro-tel tomatoes. But you can always use the mild or hot, depending on how spicy you like your food.

Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef
1 small onion
1 tbs parsley
1 cup bell pepper
garlic powder
2 cans Ro-tel tomatoes
1 can black beans
1 can whole kernal corn, drained
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
16 oz sour cream
1 bag Fritos scoops

Brown beef with onion, bell pepper, and parsley in a large skillet.

Add garlic to taste. Add tomatoes, beans and corn. Cook on medium until hot and bubbly. Add mushrooms, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.

Stir in about 3/4 cheddar cheese. Turn off heat and stir in half of the sour cream.


When ready to serve, have each person put a layer of Fritos scoops in their bowl first.

Then spoon the fiesta skillet mixture over the Fritos scoops.

Then top with additional sour cream and cheddar cheese.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment