Wednesday, August 1, 2012

natural hair repair mask

Lately I have become very interested in natural remedies and homemade items. I am currently researching the benefits of organic apple cider vinegar, but that will be in a separate post. In the meantime, I have discovered this natural hair repair mask that I find very interesting because one of the ingredients is apple cider vinegar.

My hair has always been frizzy. And I have always over-processed it by using a blow dryer and curling or flat iron. Then a couple of weeks ago I got a perm. And ever since, I have had a hard time trying to keep it from being a frizzy poof ball. So when I found the hair repair mask recipe, I felt I needed to at least try it one time. I mean, what could it possibly hurt?

I found the recipe at:  http://theberry.com/2012/05/13/sunday-brunch-60-photos-29/sb-random-36-31/

2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
Mix the ingredients and apply to dry, unwashed hair starting at the roots and combing all the way to the ends. Leave on for 30 to 60 minutes. Rinse mixture from hair and shampoo well.

Ok. So that's the recipe. I mixed everything up and it was very thick. So I stuck it in the microwave for 10 seconds. That helped thin it out some. But it was still very hard to get it on my hair. I made a huge mess and finally ended up just pouring it in my hands, rubbing my hands together to spread it on both hands and then running my hands through my hair. It was very hard to comb the mixture through my hair, so I just used my hands to get it all the way to the ends. Then I let it sit on my hair for 60 minutes.

It was very hard to rinse out of my hair. I felt that I had to shampoo it twice to get all the honey out. Once my hair was dry, I couldn't tell any difference. I hate to say that I do not think this hair repair mask has helped my hair at all. Maybe it takes more than one application. I don't know. But I don't think I will be willing to try it again.

1 comment:

  1. Where is the pics of the process? I love your pictures on the other posts.

    ReplyDelete