Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Puppy itchy skin shampoo

My little beagle has itchy skin. I am constantly trying to find a shampoo that will help relieve her itchy skin. I am trying Johnson's Baby Shampoo at the moment. The last time I bathed her, I added a few items to her shampoo. And boy! Her coat is so shiny and soft now and has a nice clean scent. And I have noticed she is itching a lot less. This is what I did:

I poured some shampoo in a bowl. Then I added 2 TBS coconut oil, a splash of witch hazel, a few drops of lavender essential oil, and a splash of organic apple cider vinegar. I mixed it all together and rubbed it in her coat during the bath. I rinsed her coat really well and then dried her off. She seemed so happy after her bath. I think it really made her skin feel better. I think I will continue to use this recipe for each bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment