Sunday, September 9, 2012

Zebra cake

My daughter found this zebra cake recipe on pinterest. I was not sure that I could do it because baking is not my best subject. But I gave it a try and I think it turned out pretty well. So if I can make it, I think anyone can make it. This is the link for the original zebra cake post: I'm sorry it appears the link has been removed. 

Ingredients:
1 box white cake mix
1 box chocolate fudge cake mix
3 cans white icing
rose colored gel icing

Mix each cake mix according to package directions. Then in each cake pan alternate the white and chocolate cake batter. Keep layering the batter until you have used it all.
It should look something like this when you get finished layering the cake batter. Then bake according to package directions. I had to turn my oven temperature down a little bit and cook the cake a little longer to get the cakes done in the middle.
Let the cakes cool, then they are ready to add icing. My daughter wanted hot pink icing. So I added the rose colored gel icing to the white can icing to get the color I wanted.
I thought it turned out pretty well for someone who cannot bake. My daughter liked it so I was glad that I gave it a try.

1 comment: